WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Thursday, May 14, 2009

When God Closes A Door...He Opens Another


One Door Closes...
Another Opens

Revelations 3:8
When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen - either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! The power of one sentence! God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor. If you believe, send it. If you don't believe, delete it. God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close. Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing...

I remember when I was growing up that my Grandmother would always tell me this. And...as I reached my young adult years, and had disappointments, she would remind me. I thank God for a loving Grandmother who always prayed for me and is the reason I am where I am spiritually today. Even though I could not see her often during my growing up years, I did get to enjoy knowing her better in my young adult years. She let me stay with her for awhile during the time I worked my first real job and needed a helping hand. I thank God for a loving, listening, Grandmother, who always let me feel her love. Now, in my sunset years, I love my own grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren, and even though they live far away and I don't get the time I'd like with them, I hope they feel my love, as I felt my grandmother's love. I thank God that I was allowed to have a wonderful son and daughter, and that I lived long enough to enjoy having 14 grandkids & 10 greats. You ALL are GREATs in my book, and you will always be loved more than I can ever tell you in words. I want you to all remember that, when you have disappointments in life, you will always remember that "God never closes a door...but what He opens one far better." Just lean on him and ask Him, as I have many times: God, please close doors to impossible situations, and open ones you want me to walk through. He will guide you, and you will be a better man or woman...and ALL that you can be.


"The only people who are truly free are the ones who live in a continual spirit of forgiveness."

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and exactly what I needed! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      I'm so happy it was timely for you...that's what it is all about.

      God Bless You Abundantly,
      Sandy Lee

      Delete
  2. Footprints in the sand
    Heavenly Father takes my hand
    Two sets of footprints; me and You
    One set of footprints; You carry me through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was beautiful Rose Angel, and I appreciate your writing. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, as I have been away from this site, due to being my Mom's sole caregiver until her passing.

      He certainly does carry us through, and I thank him for it every day.

      God Bless You...keep writing!
      Sandy Lee

      Delete
  3. I've been praying for a relationship to work out: and my pastor and every Christian I know- has prayed for this individual to go into counseling- and the stronghold of anger, bitterness, etc to be removed thru counseling and prayer.
    Throughout the 3 years, I never gave up on this man- but, prayed for him and supported him emotionally, etc.

    Yesterday, I found out that he's been dating someone else for 3 weeks. It was a blow to my senses at first- but now I am eagerly waiting for God to open another door- since He closed this door.

    God must have a much better plan for me, and a better man. (sidenote: this person does not have a great track record for relationships: He's been married and divorced twice).

    Can you please pray for my heavy heart?

    Thank you.

    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dolly,
      He does have a better plan for you, and by this time I'm sure He has brought it to the foreground. I'm sorry I haven't been on this site for some time, because several years ago my mother came to live with her, and we have been her sole caregivers...I just ran out of time and energy. I have prayed for you, and I'm trusting that God has opened that door that is far better.

      May God Bless You Abundantly,
      Sandy Lee

      Delete
  4. hello everyone,
    im asking for prayer. i got married to the wrong person went against everyones advise and now im seperated. while seperated i fell in lust for a man whom treated me very poorly and though my instinct and red flags advised me to end ties with that man i didnt listen. Because of my stubborn ways, lack of discipline and loyalty i am now suffering the consequences. i feel empty, lonely, used and feel the future very uncertain and i dont know what direction to take. please pray for me and may god bless you for your help and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Although I have not been on here for awhile, I have prayed for those who have requested it. A few years ago my aged mother came to live with us, and we have been her sole care givers until she passed away late last summer. Now I'm playing catch up.

      I'm sure that God has taken you in a whole new direction by now, and I will continue to pray and look forward to hearing hew reports. I can appreciate what you have been there, as I myself was in the same situation years ago. All I can say is remain faithful in your prayer life and relationship with the Lord, and TRUST that He knows when to open those doors far better.

      God Bless you,
      Sandy Lee

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.