WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm Learning To Trust Him More

Well, it's late tonight and I probably should be in bed instead of writing this, but just wanted to check in with you all.  This has been a tough last few weeks, and it seems that we have been over a few rough spots.

A few weeks ago my husband, Forrest, had a few tests to see how his ticker was doing, and it led us to the hospital for him to have an angiogram.  He came through it really well, although he was pretty bruised for about a week afterwards.  Thank the good Lord we went for the test, though, as we feel that we really dodged a huge bullet.  He has a 100% blockage that has calcified so much that they could not even put in a stent.  BUT, praise God, it took long enough to get it that way, that his body (controlled by the Lord, of course) was able to form it's own natural bi pass, which we hear happens sometimes.  Now they are trying to keep those 2 arteries open by increasing his cholesterol meds and us trying to be more careful with our diet.  Thank goodness we have been trying to eat healthier each year, or who knows what would have happened.  I'm so happy to say that he's feeling really well, and his doctor has not curtailed his activities, but wants him to remain very active.  We will recheck in 3 months.

He no more than got through his crisis when I went in for a few tests.  A chest x-ray showed a spot on my lung, which called for another test (a CT Scan) which confirmed a mass.  So, you know how one test calls for another, and another, so I had the next one which is a PET Scan at another hospital, and it has come back inconclusive; they don't know what it is, but say that it is "suspicious for a malignancy".  Gee, I'm thinking, "This is not fair...I never smoked, and I try to live so healthy."  And of course the human side of me was remembering feeding my xfather-in-law his last meal when he died of lung cancer.  So I was staying awake each night, thinking of all the worse case scenarios, and not getting much rest at all.  Thus, I should really be in bed now, but I will try to finish this quickly.


But, last weekend I had been invited to a Women's Conference, led by a "young woman" who used to be in our youth group when my kids were growing up.  She has since become an ordained minister, and was leading her first conference.  I took a friend with me, and we had a wonderful weekend of praise, worship, and fun with the other women.  They called me down for prayer the last evening, and actually called out the spirit of cancer and told it to be gone.  For the first time in many years I was slain in the spirit, and was drenched with the spirit of God over my whole body.  Since that time I have felt a "peace that passeth all understanding" that it talks about in the Bible, and I know that I know that I know that God holds me in the palm of His hand and will heal me.  Why do I know this?  Because I have been healed many times in my life of all kinds of things, and I know He is healing me as I speak.  In the past he has healed me of Celiac Disease as a child, scar tissue on my lungs, ciatic pain & tennis elbow.   I praise God for His healing of the past,  for renewing  my faith and for His promises that "By His stripes we WERE healed"...we only have to accept it and walk IN IT.  Therefore, I am not moved by what I see or feel (like the pain in my side), but only by the Word of God.  I accept your healing Lord, and I intend to walk in it.  Thank you Lord.


My doctor has scheduled a lung biopsy for me this coming Wednesday the 23rd, and no matter what is found, I feel a peace that He, the Great Physician, will be guiding the doctor's hand & taking care of me.  I thank God for this peace, and pray God will use this in a mighty way as a sign to unbelievers, that He is the great and mighty God He said He is.  Please pray with me, and that He will use this for His Kingdom.


Hope you all are doing well and watching anxiously for all those first signs of Spring.  This has been a hard, hard winter for a lot of you, and we wish you Spring Time and flowers, & birds to sing His praises.  God be with you all...I will keep you posted.

 

"The only people who are truly free are the ones who walk in a spirit of continual forgiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.