WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Book is "Road Map to Reclaiming Your Life"


Child sexual abuse is an epidemic in our country as you know, and it is hurting all of our society. Since April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, I would like to let you know about my book written to help victims of sexual child abuse. It is entitled, "Father, Forgive My Father" and is the product of a life-long dream and goal to get it published. The book tells my story of how, as a victim of sexual child abuse for 15 years, I was able to get through it and ultimately heal from the wounds of abuse; how I let God "turned my scars to stars".

Claire Reeves, Founder/Director of MASA (Mothers Against Sexual Abuse) wrote the Promo for the back book cover, and has called it a "road map to reclaiming your life". So far, reviews from all across the country are encouraging, and I am hearing reports such as "your book healed my whole family", or "your book saved my life". But we need to reach many, many more victims, because as I said, child sexual abuse is an epidemic in our country and it is hurting all of us. Our prisons today are full of victims who were never healed, so they went on to abuse others. With the statistics of child sexual abuse so staggering these days, almost everyone has either experienced abuse or knows someone who has. Please partner with me in letting your friends and loved ones know about this book that is helping so many. You can order it at the following web sites: www.authorhouse.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com. I am also available for book readings and signings, and give a workshop entitled, "Becoming God's Woman/or Man".

Please feel free to let me know how I can help you to help other victims still needing healing. Since April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month we need to be thinking of how we can be a part of that...to reach out to people that YOU know of who were or are victims of child abuse. Because these victims going through the abuse need help to get away from it, and if they are already away from it, they need help in healing. Until we all get involved, this national epidemic is just going to keep growing. Please contact abuse prevention organizations in your local areas to see what you can do to help. Believe me, those victims will thank you, and maybe they will even go on to help others in the future. Together we can put a stop to this epidemic.


"The only people who are truly free are the ones who live in a continual spirit of forgiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.