WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Visit With Grandson & His Wife

AT LAST...MY VISIT WITH IAN & LIZ!
This was a Grandma's dream come true, and I enjoyed my trip to Texas and visit with Ian and Liz more than I can say. It was very rewarding to see them in their new home, happy together, and working hard toward goals in the future.

Ian just got home a
couple weeks ago from completing two tours of duty in Iraq, and he's thoroughly enjoying 3 weeks of R&R (a much needed vacation). He's preparing to take more classes, and when he gets out of the Army in June, he will be working in a hospital as a radiology technician & taking classes at night.

Liz keeps busy working as a CMA at a hospital nearby, and goes to classes 3 nights a week. She is a very busy girl, but always has time to stop and smell the roses. She and Ian take time to enjoy outside activities with friends and family, and really entertained me royally while I was there. Ian is very blessed to have found such a down to earth, girl next door type, who is willing at the drop of a hat to go have fun. They have a lot of fun together, and I enjoyed hearing them laughing (and playing) together, as happy couples do. I'm so glad that they have found each other and are so well suited.

After the kids picked me up in Dallas, they took me to see the King Tut Exhibit at the Dallas Museum. It was really interesting, but we were disappointed that we couldn't take pictures. I would have liked to have had pictures of all the intricasies of the jewelry and architecture; it's amazing what they could do back then in primitive times. It must have taken a long time and a LOT of patience to create their projects. Also, while I was there we visited the Cameron Park Zoo and had fun taking lots of good pictures of animals, birds, & fish. It was beautiful weather for a day at the zoo; not too warm, and not too cool...very enjoyable.
When we found the giraffs, Liz wanted me to take a silly pose, and this is how it turned out...but she didn't really bite his head off!


The bears were pretty active, too, and these 2 were really having it out; was fun to watch. Just a little spat between two friends:-}


This is what one looked like after all the fun was over; guess he felt like a nap! All of the animals were beautiful to watch, the birds and fish, too. This was a beautifully kept park and the animals all seemed to be really well taken care of.
My Grandkids also took me to a Petting Zoo, where some of the animals got too close. One of the zebras leaned into Ian's car window and promptly sneezed all over him...it wasn't the shower that he wanted. Then there was the very obnoxious camel who stuck his head in MY window and acted like he was going to bite my leg or my hand trying to get at the feed sack (treats you know). Well, it kinda scared me, so I just let him have the whole thing; last I saw of him he was chomping down the bag and all. They sure aren't afraid of humans!

On the last night I was in Texas we decided to meet with my niece, her husband and so
n, at a Chinese Buffet.
The food was very good; the sushi was the best.

It was good to see my niece and her family, &
they were also gracious host & hostess & put

me up in their home for the first few nights.
Ian had not seen any of them since he was
a baby when we all lived in Sitka, Alaska.
So it was great to have a reunion; a GREAT
time was had by all, and I can't wait for my

next visit to the great state of Texas.














"The only people who are truly free are the ones who live in a continual spirit of forgiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.