WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Thursday, April 18, 2013

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

 Isn't it wonderful to see all the signs of Spring popping out all over?  It is so encouraging after a long, very cold winter, and I for one am enjoying all the sights, sounds and smells of Spring.  Have been very busy lately, and THAT is a good thing....I think;-)  Not enough hours in the day, with spring planting, spring cleaning, and work that I have been doing on my book's platform.  Yes, I'm still out there doing everything I can.

Recently I was contacted by Monty Meyer of Take12Radio out of Albany, OR, to do a radio interview.  The broadcast aired last Saturday the 6th, and was a really pleasant experience.  Monty makes all of his guests feel very welcome and comfortable, and before I knew it, the hour was up.  I had thought I would not have enough to say, but as my Son, Scott, said, "Mom, you never run out of things to say."  Monty had a lot of good questions for me, as well as personal input with a wealth of knowledge, and made the whole interview experience very interesting.  Thanks again Monty for the opportunity, I really appreciate it.  For any of you who missed the interview and would like to listen to it or refer it to someone you know who needs to heal their scars from abuse, you can still find it.  Go to www.Take12Radio.com, and go to their ARCHIVES...and click on FRIDAY INTERVIEWS.  There you will find mine that was on Friday, April 5th, spotlighting my book "Father, Forgive My Father".

Now, my next step is to further shine the spotlight on this month of April which is "National Child Abuse Prevention Month".  In doing that, I have scheduled an Open House for a book reading at our local library.  For any of you in the Spokane area, please feel free to attend, and please bring a friend; especially if you know they have been abused and need help to heal.  See the notice below:

COME & MEET THE AUTHOR at an Open House @ the Airway Heights Library
ADDRESS:  1213 S. Lundstrom, Airway Heights, WA 99001
DATE:  April 25th, from 2-4 p.m.  "Epidemic of Sexual Child Abuse To Be Revealed"
 
Don't miss this timely and informative book reading and signing in recognition of April, "National Child Abuse Prevention Month"

You will also be able to meet the author of the book's Foreword, Dana Gamble.   We're looking forward to meeting you and hope you will join us and bring a friend.  This promises to be an interesting & informative time of sharing.  Coffee and cookies will be served.

                                                                    ###

In the meantime I have been really busy getting my brochures, business cards and bookmarks redone and reprinted.  My neighbor has offered to introduce me over at our airbase across the street, so I'm sure that is opening a huge door...lots of need in the military unfortunately.  Also have been in contact with people out of state who have asked to handle my books in their book stores, and have asked me to give book readings or my workshop.  I see a trip to Alaska in my near future to achieve these goals.  Of course I never mind that, because I can see my son and his family...which are most of my grandchildren and now my GREATS...8 of them up there;-)  

 So, that's how my Spring is going so far...not to mention the rose garden that I have scheduled for replanting...someday it will be pretty again.  Plans are to move to our summer ranch home May 15th, and then begins our summer gardening.  This year I've invited our Spokane Compass Club Gardening Group to visit for a tour of our garden and a patio lunch...they have assured me that it will be potluck, so I guess I will get lots of help with that.  Looking forward to a very exciting Spring and Summer.  God is moving, and moving fast...and I'm just along for the ride...to go where He directs.  Thank you for your love and prayers, and please be praying that He continues to open doors where this message is needed.  I also have a new personal URL web site for noting scheduled events and easy book purchase at www.fffpublishinghelps.com.  God is good...God bless you all.  Let me hear from you!


"The only people who are truly free are the ones who walk in a spirit of continual forgiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.