WELCOME TO MY BLOG SITE...My Little Corner of the World!

Hello Everyone and Welcome!

I hope you will join me here often to read thoughts expressed by myself and others on what we feel is important to becoming a more Godly person. We all have our own ideas of what contributes to our character and how we become what we are, but as most of us in these blog pages, we want to share what is or has been important in our lives. Sometimes it's just venting, and sometimes it's wanting to share something we feel is profound. For whatever reason, I am moved to share with YOU, and hope that you will be a follower who gains something by reading these blogs. If you feel that others might benefit from reading it, please invite them in. Please feel free to comment, and I'd love to hear from you, and to know what is important to YOU. Thank you for stopping by, and may God bless you and help you in your endeavors to grow and become more like Him each day.

About Me

My photo
Airway Heights, WA, United States
I'm a retired lady who is enjoying writing to help others. My husband and I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren (1 is in heaven), 7 great grandsons and 3 great granddaughters. We enjoy riding ATVs & camping, and spending time with family & friends. In the past I have been a church youth leader, cub scout and 4H leader, and studied under the Sitka Christian Counselor's Assoc. My first book "Father, Forgive My Father" was published in 2005, and you will see references to it throughout my blogs. Now I'm writing magazine articles & building my platform for my book. Currently I am enjoying being on talk radio interviews. I am also available to present my workshop "Becoming God's Woman" to church and women's groups. My greatest desire is to see people set free from the bondage of sexual child abuse and become healed and free children of God, ready to soar to new heights of victory and have life more abundantly. THIS is what God wants for His children. In the new year 2012, I intend to write more frequently on this blog, so visit us often.

Facebook Badge

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Spring Time...April is "National Child Abuse Prevention Month"

Hello Everyone and Happy Spring!

I'm back!  The past few years have been so busy with my mother's care that I had to back out of a lot of my correspondence, especially on my websites.  She came to live with us over 2 years ago, and we were her sole caregivers in our home.  I certainly am thankful that we had that time with her, and am thankful that her passing was easy.  She was plagued with pneumonia all summer last year, and after being MedStar lifeflighted from our ranch, spent 3 stays in the hospital, and then went to a nursing home here in Spokane.  She seemed to rally for awhile, but could not shake the pneumonia, and she finally gave up after her 95th birthday on July 29th.  We had a little party for her there in the nursing home, and afterwards one of the nurses asked her, "Lois, since you've reached 95 now, are you going to shoot for 100?"  She said, "No, I don't think so, I'm kinda tired."  Then on August 26th, after saying goodbye to her children and Grandchildren on the phone, she slipped quietly away into the arms of our Lord.  I could not have wished for anything differently, because she had had a good, full life, and now she is pain free and flying with the angels.

Now, I am plunging in with both feet...and hands, and doing the work I know I'm intended to do.  My greatest desire, as you all know, is to see people set free from the bondage of abuse...whether it be immediate, or scars from past abuse.  The current statistics have only continued to rise through the past few years, and abuse of children in this country is an EPIDEMIC....it has to STOP!  

To further that goal, I am very happy to report that I was recently contacted by Monty Dale Meyer of Talk12Radio Station out of Oregon, to do an interview tomorrow (Friday, April 5th).  This interview will be over Internet Radio and will be available on Saturday at www.Talk12Radio.com; then just click on SATURDAY for the Friday Interviews.  They archive these interviews, so they will be available forever for those of you who want to listen and refer on to your friends.  I would really appreciate that, too, as the whole purpose is to reach as many people as we can, in the hopes of reaching many victims of abuse who need healing.  PLEASE partner with me in passing this on; it is so important.  It is also so timely, since this is "National Child Abuse Prevention Month", and we need to do all we can to get the word out there.  Those victims are out there, and they are waiting for our help.

Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me and checking back.  Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and are enjoying Spring...I am!  Remember to listen in to the broadcast interview and let me know what you think...thanks again.

"The only people who are truly free are the ones who walk in a spirit of continual forgiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or subjects for future discussion. Thanks.